The function of a Teacher of the Visually Impaired is to provide assessment, instruction, and vision mobility training to students with vision disabilities.
1. Carry out screening, assessment, and evaluation procedures for students with vision disabilities, in accordance with established guidelines.
2. Participate as a staffing committee member in the development of IEP goals and objectives when appropriate.
3. Maintain records for students and complete all information necessary to comply with state and federal requirements.
4. Provide direct instruction as indicated on the IEP for students with vision disabilities.
5. Attend special education and other school meetings when appropriate.
6. Collaborate with other professionals in providing appropriate vision services.
7. Other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Exceptional Student Services and/or the Executive Director.
The duties will be split between Teacher of the Vision Impaired and Resource Teacher.