San Juan Board of Cooperative Educational Services
201 East Twelfth Street
Durango, Colorado 81301
100 N. 6th Street
Dolores, CO 81323
TITLE: Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
QUALIFICATIONS: To work as a deaf educator in Colorado, teachers must hold a CDE license for Special Education Specialist: Deaf and Hard of Hearing. This currently requires a M.A. degree in Deaf Education. Must also be proficient in ASL.
JOB GOAL: To ensure that deaf and hard-of-hearing students, like all students, have programs in which they have direct and appropriate access to all components of the education program.
- Collaborate and work with educational team in assessing deaf/hard of hearing students, and in incorporating the results into the IEP
- Ensure the inclusion of deaf/hard of hearing students in their IEP program placement, and adapt, implement, monitor, and provide feedback re: educational programs
- Maintain records and coordinate required services for deaf/hard of hearing students
- Collaborate & consult with students’ educational teams
- Supervise, evaluate and support Education Interpreters
- Follow school and district guidelines and policies for professional behavior and conduct
- Develop and keep current on knowledge of field to maintain high professional standards
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: 181 days; Follows the school calendar.
SALARY: Based on years of experience and licensure/certification.
SUPERVISIOR: Supervised by the Executive Director and or the Director of Exceptional Education.